Title: Volunteer Care Coordinator
Reports to: Seeker Care Manager
Global Media Outreach exists to share the gospel with everyone on earth multiple times, see people accept Jesus Christ, build them in their faith, and connect them to a Christian community.
The Volunteer Care Coordinator provides care for volunteers serving as online missionaries through various channels, including prayer, recognition of service, social media groups, communications for anniversaries, birthdays, etc, including emails, letters and cards, as well as plan and prepare regional or virtual events to celebrate their service. The Volunteer Care Coordinator reports to the Seeker Care Manager, works no more than 20 hours per week, and is located in the Plano, TX office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make personal contact with each Online Missionary, thanking them for their service, past achievements, and praying for them.
- Log contact details in Salesforce and update Online Missionary profiles and contact information.
- Send thank you notes/cards as needed.
- Set up volunteer prayer team and lead in praying for the ministry and personal volunteer needs.
- Monitor Volunteer Facebook page and respond to questions and posts.
- Post to Volunteer Facebook page according to Social Media strategy and content plan to ensure consistent communications with the Volunteers.
- Plan and conduct, including travel to, Online Missionary celebration events where volunteers meet together to share, learn and grow in their kingdom work.
- Manage budget for celebration events and determine the number of events needed for the English language.
- Provide guidance to non-English language teams on Volunteer Care strategy and implementation, assisting those teams in developing Volunteer Care plans for their language group.
- Work with volunteers to uncover seeker stories and liaise between volunteers and marketing if those stories are used in ministry promotion.
- Document and escalate volunteer issues if needed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication/listening skills
- Strong written skills
- Strong prayer life
- Ability to learn Salesforce CRM to log interactions with volunteers
- Knowledge of event planning and management
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Experience working with volunteer teams
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of administrative, operations or training support experience
- Maintain and demonstrate a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exhibit Christian character and faith in all areas of life
- Agree with and sign the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Maintains a personal, active relationship with Jesus Christ and is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a paragraph about yourself and a paragraph about why you would like to work for Global Media Outreach.
Back to: Careers